top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concerned about credit check and new job...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concerned about credit check and new job...

I recently started a new job, but they had me fill out all the paperwork after being hired. I filled out a background check form and it mentioned credit. The job is not in finance or banking, does not involve handling money.

I am concerned that in a few days I'll get told due to my bad credit and late credit card payments that they would let me go. Reading all the horror stories on here about offers being dropped and etc, I am beyond concerned.

I just filed BK, not sure if it will show on my credit report till after discharge? My 341 meeting is in a couple weeks.

I had credit checks in the past but did not have bad credit and etc. I did not mention anything to anyone during the job interview or etc. Thought that don't ask, don't tell applied.
    Last edited by ccmisery; 06-03-2013, 04:35 PM.

I understand your nervousness, but keep in mind, if the job is not financial they often don't do a credit check. All background or credit checks cost hiring companies money. If you came in and did a good job, made a good impression, they may not look all that carefully through your background. I also wouldn't tell. If worse comes to worse, what will be will be. Its just one job and you will get another. I wish you well.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X